Hi to all of 36th AVENUES friends.
It’s Ruthie from What’s Cooking with Ruthie here to share another delicious recipe with you!
I was so happy to get to hang out and visit with Desirée at a blogging conference a few weeks ago.
We had dinner at a local restaurant where Desiree talked me into trying the Tomato Basil Soup which was delicious!
SO, I thought it’s be fun to share this delicious and skinny Tomato Basil Soup recipe!
It is every bit as delicious as the soup we ate that night.
Tomato Basil Soup is one of my most favorite soups in the whole world…
AND there’s no guilt with this recipe because it’s a skinny version that tastes like the real deal!
You’ll love it.
Skinny Tomato Basil Soup Recipe
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 3 (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with Basil, Garlic, and Oregano
- 1 (14.5 oz) can chicken broth or 2 C water and 2 chicken bouillon's
- 2 Tbsp Gourmet Garden Basil (or ½ C fresh basil leaves)
- 1 (8oz) low-fat neufatchel cream cheese, cubed
- 1 Tbsp sugar or agave sea salt and pepper to taste
- In a blender or food processor add celery, onion, and garlic; pulse until small pieces or pureed.
- In a large stock pot over medium heat, melt butter. Pour into pot and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until fragrant. (don't wash container)
- Add tomatoes, broth, basil to pot; bring to boil, stirring occasionally.
- Cover pot and reduce to medium low; simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Carefully pour 1 C of hot soup into blender or food processor, add cubed cream cheese, blend on high until smooth.
- Stir cream cheese mixture into soup, add sugar or agave, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
AND seriously what goes better with Tomato Basil Soup than grilled cheese? Nothing.
So, here is a super delicious Avocado Havarti Grilled Cheese to go deliciously along with it… Avocado Havarti Grilled Cheese
Irish Ginger Snaps (skinnied)
Who doesn’t love an easy Crock-pot dinner on hectic days,
this Cafe Rio Sweet Pork recipe will make the whole family happy!
Thanks so much for letting me visit today and share some yummy recipes with you.
Oh my deliciousness!
She made my favorite recipe skinny?
Shut UP! I wish I could have a sample of all of these yumminess right now!
It was so good to see Ruthie again a few weeks ago.
She is an extraordinary woman with a heart of gold.
I love her to pieces!
If you haven’t stop by Ruthie’s blog What’s Cooking with Ruthie it is time to do so.
Have a yummy day!
Ruthie and Desirée
DON'T MISS A THING... FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!