These Strawberry Orange Muffins are to die for. Perfect breakfast or snack for a busy day!
Hello The 36th Avenue readers. It’s strawberry season you all! What is there not to love about this season, right? I don’t bake muffins every morning, but I bake them on the weekends. Not every weekend, though! I just call it the perfect Sunday morning breakfast. We love to hang out on the couch with a cup of coffee or glass of milk and watch a show on Sunday morning with the boys. Yup. Heck, we eat on the sofa sometimes 🙂 I never tried this combination so I thought I will give it a try. I typically bake the Cranberry-Orange muffin, which we LOVE so I thought I can’t really go wrong with substituting the cranberries with strawberries… So I did and it turned out AH-MAZING with fresh strawberries!
The butter can be whipped together in minutes then you bake it for 25 minutes to perfection, until the outside of the muffin is golden brown.
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly brush a 12-muffin tin with butter.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into a medium bowl and set aside.
- Cream the butter, orange zest and juice and ⅔ cup sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Add the eggs, one at a time.
- Fold the flour in 3 parts into the butter mixture, alternating with the milk in 2 parts, until just combined. Fold in the strawberries. Do not over mix. Divide the batter evenly into the muffin tin and sprinkle the tops with sugar. Bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- Cool muffins in the pan on a rack.
- Serve warm.
Enjoy this easy and great muffin recipe. I hope you are going to pencil this recipe onto your favorites list.
Speaking of recipes…how do you organize your recipes?
I have a super fun, and beautiful idea for you and the best thing is that I am giving you FREE PRINTABLE pages.
Click over to the blog to get them.
And before I leave I wanted to share my excitement of our NEWEST room makeover. I can’t stop makeover my rooms, ha! This is the before picture of our SAD family room and I you should see the AFTER because IT’S GORGEOUS, and I can’t be happier with the whole feel and eclectic vibe of the room.
Thanks for having me sweet, Desi! See you back here next month!
ALL PHOTOS IN THIS POST WERE EDIT IN LIGHTROOM,
WITH THE COLOR HAPPY PRESET FROM MY COLLECTION.
MY PRESETS AND EBOOK IS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE HERE.