Good morning everybody! It’s Ruthie from Cooking with Ruthie back to share a quick and easy end of the summer treat. S’mores Rice Krispie Treats are the best of both worlds… chocolate and vanilla all dressed up and ready to share at any end of the summer get togethers.
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 (16oz) package mini marshmallows
- 8 C rice krispie cereal
- 1½ C milk chocolate chips
- ½ C milk chocolate chips
- 1 C mini marshamallows
- ½ C crushed grahm crackers
- Coat 15×10 glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Set aside.
- In a large plastic microwaveable bowl place butter and mini marshmallows, microwave 1 minute, stir, microwave 30 seconds, stir well.
- If not completely melted microwave 15 seconds more.
- Stir in half rice krispies; mix well.
- Stir in remaining rice krispies; mix until well coated.
- Pour into baking dish, lightly wet hand with water and press flat into pan.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Invert onto cutting board or piece of parchment paper and give it a giggle to remove treats.
- In a microwave bowl melt chocolate for 30 seconds, stir well, microwave 15 seconds more, stir until smooth.
- Spread 1½ C chocolate on top of treats, spread to cover. (reserve ½ C chocolate for drizzle)
- Sprinkle topping marshmallows and grahm crackers evenly over chocolate topped treats.
- Drizzle remaining chocolate using a fork back and forth to garnish.
- Let cool completely.
- Cut into 4x4 square pieces.
- Then cover airtight until serving and enjoy!
Happy end of the summer… I hope you enjoy the tasty recipes before the summer completely winds down!
It’s always a little sad for me when the kids head back to school and we have to get back into the swing of it again.
Make sure to also follow What’s Cooking With Ruthie on
DON'T MISS A THING... FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!