Hi to all of my friends at The 36th AVENUE, it’s Ruthie from Whats Cooking with Ruthie I’m SO excited to be back this month to share another yummy slow cooker recipe with y’all! I love my slow cooker but I especially love it in the winter time, when a hot and ready to go dinner is there to welcome us home at the end of the day.
is the perfect recipe to keep you warm and cozy this winter!
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- ½ green bell pepper, diced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 (46 oz) can tomato juice
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 oz) cans red kidney beans or chili or pinto beans (or a mix)
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp pepper
- shredded cheddar cheese
- frito corn chips
- Saute onions and beef, drain well.
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cook for 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low.
- Serve with shredded cheddar cheese and frito corn chips.
Slow Cooker Lumberjack Chili is a hearty dinner that the whole family will love!
Here are a couple of other Slow Cooker dinner ideas…
Thank you so much for letting me visit each month… I love sharing delicious recipes with y’all.
I hope these slow cooker soup ideas keep you snuggly-warm this winter!
Also make sure to follow Ruthie on
DON'T MISS A THING... FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!