Chicken Pot Pie Soup
Author: What's Cooking With Ruthie
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 1 disk refrigerated pie dough freshly ground pepper
- ½ tsp plus a pinch of poultry seasoning
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts- cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 tsp sea salt,
- Divided 3 stalks chopped celery,
- chopped 1 medium onion,
- ¼ C flour
- 2 C water
- 3 C chicken broth (or 3 C water and 3 chicken bouillons)
- 1 C half and half
- 3 medium potatoes, chopped
- 1 (10oz) package frozen mixed peas and carrots
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Unroll pie crust onto a baking sheet and sprinkle with pepper and a pinch of poultry seasoning; cut into 6 triangles. Bake until puffed and golden about 10 minutes.
- In a large stock pot melt butter, add chicken, cook stirring occasionally for 3-4 minutes. Remove chicken to small bowl and set aside.
- Add celery, onion, flour, ½ tsp salt and ½ tsp poultry seasoning to stock pot.
- Cook stirring 1 minute. Stir in 2 C water, broth, half and half, potatoes; cover and bring to simmer.
- Simmer partially covered for 10 minutes. Add chicken and frozen peas and carrots.
- Return to boil for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Divide among 6 bowls and top with pie crust triangle. Serve!
*this recipe was adapted from Food Network Magazine Dec 2012
Recipe by The 36th AVENUE at http://www.the36thavenue.com/2013/01/10670.html