Churro Puppy Chow Recipe – Easy snack or dessert recipe inspired by the delicious taste of sugar and cinnamon dipped churros.
Since Cinco de Mayo is just a few days away I thought it would be fun to share a quick and easy snack inspired by tasty churros. I am not from Mexico but I am a Spaniard and churros are something both countries have a love for and in common. This recipe brings me back to the familiar smells and flavors of my own childhood!
Let’s get cooking!
- 1 12.1oz Cinnamon Chex Box
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Optional: Extra cinnamon to sprinkle on top of puppy chow.
- Pour cereal into a large bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl mix together powdered sugar, sugar, and cinnamon, and set aside.
- In a medium microwave bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter for 1 minute. Stir and microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth.
- Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food storage plastic bag.
- Add the powdered sugar-cinnamon mixture. Seal bag and shake until well coated.
- Serve and enjoy!
This Churro Puppy Chow Recipe is one of my favorites and my entire family loves this snack. We had it yesterday after dinner and we finished the whole thing in just one sitting! These are so good and I can’t wait for you to try this recipe!
You can always double the recipe and share this deliciousness with your neighbors! I know they are going to love it and love YOU!
If you love the taste of cinnamon feel free to sprinkle a little extra amount on top!
Before you go I have some other delicious snacks and dessert recipes that my readers love!
Have a delicious day my friends!