This five ingredient Christmas Dessert is easy to make and perfect for neighbor gifts and Christmas parties.
Hello all my 36th Avenue friends!!! Hope you are having a wonderful kick off to December! The countdown is on. Schedules are jam packed & the list of things to do just seems to be getting longer – right?! When life gets crazy I resort back to my favorite quick & easy recipes to keep me going. If I can whip up something in just a couple minutes then I have more time for everything else. With all the demands of the holidays – I try to keep things as simple as possible. You know what – those seem to be the things that family & friends enjoy the most anyway. So I came up with these Holiday Coco Clusters that prep in just 10 minutes + chill time. See – I told you they were simple.
For years my mother-in-law would make other varieties of these little chocolaty bites. When we would visit – I would be the one that never left the snack tray. I would eat them all. She was the queen of little snacky type goodies. If I learned anything from her – it was to take what you know you already like & just keep playing & twisting it to come up with even better versions. That’s how these came about. While we still love the original version – these are pretty amazing too.
These are not only great for your gatherings. They store well & so that means you can give them as gifts too.
I know I love homemade goodies as gifts!
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- ½ cup sweetened coconut
- 1-1/4 cup coco puffs cereal
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp shortening
- Holiday sprinkles - opt
- Measure out your cereal, coconut & marshmallows & set aside.
- Combine white chocolate chips & shortening in glass bowl
- Heat over double boiler, stirring frequently until melted
- Pour over your dry mix - stir to coat evenly
- Scoop tablespoon size drops out & place on parchment lined baking sheet
- Sprinkle holiday sprinkles on top
- Refrigerate to firm up at least 1 hour before serving.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature.
So- do you want more easy holiday treats?
Thanks for visiting with me today! I love being here with you all!
Have a very wonderful Holiday Season!
xoxo – Gina
You can also find Gina on…