One of my all time favorite dishes is Baked Macaroni and Cheese. My kids also love it so this is the perfect pasta recipe for those days when your family and you are craving comfort food at its best!
I was born and raised in the beautiful Canary Islands. We have delicious food there but Mac and Cheese is not something that is part of our menus. I was 18 the first time I had this cheesy and yummy dish, when I first came to the USA.
Since that first bite Macaroni and Cheese has been one of my favorite comfort foods and I especially love it when my Mac and Cheese is baked! I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as our family. It’s easy to make and always delicious!
Time to cook!
- 12oz. uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 quarts water
- ¾ cottage cheese
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ¾ cup full milk
- 2½ cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- chopped chives ( optional)
- In a large pot bring to boil water and salt. Add macaroni and cook for about 5 minutes, until the pasta is half cooked. Do not overcook. Drain the macaroni and put aside.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter and grease a 3 qt. baking dish with it.
- In a large bowl mix sour cream, milk, butter, egg, cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese, and 2 cups of cheddar cheese and mix together. Stir well until all the ingredients are combined.
- Add the cooked macaroni to the mixture and stir. Pour the sour cream-cheese macaroni mixture in the baking dish. Top with parmesan cheese and remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 25 to 35 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Sprinkle with chopped chives if you wish.
- Serve and enjoy!
You can bake the macaroni and cheese in a single baking dish or in individual baking dishes.
One way or another this Mac & Cheese is always delish!
Here are some other pasta recipes that we love!
Stuffed Pepper Pasta Casserole – Click HERE
With this Pasta Casserole there is no need to choose. This pasta recipe is inspired by stuffed bell peppers and holds all those delicious and familiar flavors inside. You can have two great dishes in one!
Taco Pasta Casserole – Click HERE
This Taco Macaroni Casserole has all the flavors of your favorite taco, beef, seasonings, salsa, sour cream – yep, it’s all in there. But then we mix it in to some macaroni noodles & then bake it like a casserole. Oh my word- it’s scrumptious!
Chicken Pasta with Spinach & Artichoke – Click HERE
This Chicken Pasta with Spinach & Artichoke is amazing! It has all the flavors of the spinach artichoke dip you love….without all the heavy cream! A perfect springtime lunch or dinner recipe and so simple!
Thank you so much for stopping by!
Make sure to subscribe below to receive more easy recipes.
Have a delicious day!