This Avocado Salad is a colorful medley of fresh avocado, tomatoes, mushrooms, lettuce, onions, and cilantro. Serve it as a main dish or to complement your main meal. Either way, if you love avocados, you’ll love this salad. It’s delicious!
Hello to The 36th Avenue peeps! It’s Jen from Bakerette.com and it’s good to be back again. Desiree is a sweetheart. You’ve got to love her. Lately I can’t get enough Avocado. I’ve been using it as a spread on my toast, slicing it on my veggie sandwiches, I’ve been eating them whole (minus the pit, of course because that would be awkward, right?), and I’ve been making them into salads.
This Avocado Tomato Salad recipe is no different. You are going to love the fresh and delicious taste and how easy it is to make.
Ready for the recipe? Here it is!
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ½ cup chopped mushrooms
- ½ cucumber, sliced
- ½ cup chopped green lettuce
- ¼ cup Italian dressing (I like Girard's Greek Feta Salad Dressing)
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- ½ cup chopped cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine tomato, onion, mushrooms, cucumber and lettuce in a medium-size mixing bowl and toss with salad dressing. Gently toss with avocado. Divide salad in 3-4 salad bowls and garnish with cilantro and basil. Salt and pepper to taste.
If you like this recipe, you might also like these other recipes at Bakerette.com.
Just click on the pictures to get the full recipe.
Thank you Desiree for the opportunity to share with your readers today.
Have a wonderful weekend!
You can find me on…