Need to cool off a little bit this summer? This Patriotic Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe will do the trick… festive, refreshing, and the perfect fix for that sweet tooth too
Happy Sunny Summer-time to all my friends and the 36th AVENUE !
It’s Ruthie fromWhats Cooking with Ruthie and I love coming to share delicious recipes with y’all.
I’m SO thrilled to be enjoying some warm weather again… it just makes my little ole’ heart very happy!
- ⅔ cup shortening
- ⅔ cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups flour
- 12 oz chocolate chips (I used a mixture of cherry, white, and semi-sweet chips)
- ½ gal vanilla icecream
- patriotic sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray, set aside.
- Blend the shortening, butter, brown sugar and sugar together.
- Add eggs, vanilla, baking soda, and salt; mix.
- Add 1 C flour at a time, mixing well with each addition.
- Add a little more flour if necessary until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Add the chocolate chips, gently mix until distributed.
- Using a large cookie scoop place 12 cookies on baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until just starting to turn golden.
- Cool on cooling rack.
- Place one icecream scoop on 12 cookies, place another cookie on top of icecream, press to stick to icecream.
- Place in freezer, covered until serving.
- Before serving place sprinkles in shallow bowl, roll sides of icecream into sprinkles to coat. (if needed using fingers to assist and I found that larger sized sprinkles worked better)
- Serve within 12 hours of preparing sandwiches.
*this cookie recipe is from my BFF Carol Ray and they’re fabulous
I hope you enjoy a wonderful summer with family and friends and lots of fun in the sun!
Here are a couple of other delicious recipes you’ll like too…
Thanks so much for letting me come to visit each month…
I’d love to have you stop by and say Hi anytime at www.whatscookingwithruthie.com